The Distinguished Service Award (DSA) is bestowed for long-term dedication and outstanding contributions to the growth and development of Women in Anesthesiology. The award is selected by the Awards Committee, based on nominations, to a WIA member who has served the society for at least 5 years.
- 2020 – Rekha Chandrabose, MD
- 2019 – Harriet W. Hopf, MD, FUHM, FASA
The Champion Award is given to one or two Women in Anesthesiology member(s) who have given great service to WIA over the past year. The Champion Award is selected by the President, in consultation with the President-Elect and/or Past President.
- 2021 – Leena Mathew, MD and Heidi Tavel, MD
- 2020 – Yar Luan Samantha Yeap, MD, MSc and Kristin Ondecko Ligda, MD
- 2019 – Destiny Chau, MD
- 2017 – Amy Schultz Pearson, MD